Master K DJ Ken

Master K  DJ Ken
Awesome DJ Ken that I admire...

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BEGGING FOR LIVING...






Beggars beggar beggars...

You see them at pasar pagi, pasar malam, under the bridge, even at the overhead bridge...
Some are blind, some are playing instruments, some are handicapped, some are suffering from cancer, some are just old folks who looks old, some are women with 2 children hoping for sympathy, some are foreigners, some are children, some are selling tissues or chewing gums, some are carrying babies, some are singing, even some are pushing a speaker while singing karaoke.... just too many beggars...

The worse beggar I've ever seen was the one being burnt, his skin was so red, his eyes were almost popping out, and he had no expression. Of coz, all beggars look not as good as normal people, and they need attention.


I'm sure you have read or heard that newspapers wrote about the 'gang' who pick and send beggars to pasar malam to get money from the public. Many years back, I was thinking, stop giving them money, so the 'gang' will dissappear by its own. But then, my mom said one thing to me, if we stop giving money to them, the 'gang' will dissappear and no one will take care of the beggars, that's even worse, where else can they be? At least, if we can give some money to them, the 'gang' will take care of their meals and provide a shelter for them to stay.



I still remember many years back, lots of children were dissappeared, and some were found in Thailand as beggars and their body parts were being removed so the public will sympathise them more. Imagine the kids' eyes were being digged out, hands were being chopped - so sad... why human do this? For money? When they children were small, they can just sit and beg, but when they grew older, what will happen... is money so important?

There is one handicapped guy who sits at Sg. Wang, who sells tissues, I used to buy tissues from him, it's RM 3 per pack of 9's. Doesn't matter, I don't treat him as a beggar, he is just trying to earn a living. Buying from him, I get a product, and best part, he knows 'pulse reading', he puts his finger on our wrist, and see if our pulse reading is normal. I still remembered he said that I didn't have enough sleep hahahaha, which was true! I always wanted to pay him RM 5, but he insisted to give me change of RM 2...

There is another handicapped malay man, who sits along Bandaraya Station Star LRT bridge towards Sogo, he sells tissues too! Whenever I see him, I'll buy tissues too! His smiling face, and friendly attitude is really cool...

When I was little, I was staying at Taman Lensen, Cheras. Monday will be pasar malam, so cool. Mom used to bring me to jalan-jalan, and she used to give me 20sen to give to beggars. Last time 20sen was a lot. Now the market rate is RM1 hahahahaha! Just don't dare to put small change into the beggars' bowl.


More than 10 years ago, at Jalan Alor, you'll see women beggars, carrying a small baby with another small kid, asking for money from table to table. Not many giving, for the kids, I will still give. When I think back, how are the kids now? What's their mother next strategy, the kids are growing up...

There were also a few kids at Jalan Alor, age around 8-10 years old, foreigner I think, selling tissues and chewing gums. When they approached you, when you've decided to buy 2 packs, they will say, "I only have 5 packs left, can you take all?" Normally, we will buy all, hoping they can go home early to sleep, but imagine, the mother or father who hides behind the dark lane, was giving these children more tissues or chewing gums to sell later. How teribble!

There was an article in the papers that I read, the children were being interviewed. They said, in one day, they could earn upto RM 50 - 100, therefore, some had no intention to go to school, as they were foreigner and can't study here. Also, with this income, they are making good life. Wow! What happened to their parents? Do they want their children to have such thinking that money is everything? They can sell tissues and chewing gum when they are still a kid, but when they grow up, what do they sell? Drugs? Prostitution?

Another beggar was at Sunday pasar malam (a few years back), the woman was with 2 children, both are boys, I felt so sad to see them. I have 2 kids too, my heart was about to break when I see them. I will buy french fries, milo drink for them. I also gave some clothes and new milk bottle for the baby, I hope that the boys are happy. Wondering how are they now?

Out of a sudden, my brain is not working. Just now I had a lot to write about beggars, alamak! Now blank, too sleepie I think!

Good nite...

No comments:

Post a Comment